Student Assistant A04The CRC 1342 is looking for a student assistant (10 hours/week) to work in the project A04 "Global developments in health care systems and in long-term care as a new social risk".
The CRC 1342 is looking for a student assistant (10 hours/week) to work in the project A04 "Global developments in health care systems and in long-term care as a new social risk".
The aim of the project A04 is to trace globally the development of different types of health and long-term care systems and to explain the similarities and differences between systems in different countries. The project is directed by Prof. Heinz Rothgang, Dr. Lorraine Frisina Doetter and Prof. Sebastian Haunss.
- Assist with data collection and processing (quantitative and qualitative)
- Literature research
- Assistance in organising and conducting international workshops and team meetings
- Basic knowledge in qualitative and quantitative methods and data collection
- Background in social sciences with good results (BA or MA)
- Very good knowledge of English
- Additional foreign language knowledge
- Knowledge of EndNote
- Interest in theoretical and empirical questions in at least one of the following areas: comparative welfare state research, international relations, international organisations and countries of the Global South
We offer a cooperative working environment in a friendly, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team at one of the major research projects on comparative social policy study in Germany, where you get the opportunity to apply and develop your skills and knowledge. Further, there are possibilities to attend conferences and talks of the CRC 1342 and SOCIUM and/or to write a MA or BA thesis related to the project, which would be supervised by the project team members.
The contract is expected to start 01.05.2020, for a period of six months (an extension is welcomed). The mean working time will be ca. 10 hours per week. The usual working place is the SOCIUM (Mary-Somerville-Straße 3, Bremen). Compensation will be according to the usual rates for student assistants at the University of Bremen.
Please send your application with a CV, a short letter of motivation as well as a current transcript of records as a PDF document to Achim Schmid (firstname.lastname@example.org) until March 20, 2020. In case of questions on the job offer please also contact Mr. Schmid.