Research assistant (f/m/d) A102-24 (DIFIS)At the University of Bremen, the German Institute for Interdisciplinary Social Policy Research (DIFIS) at SOCIUM - Research Center on Inequality and Social Policy is seeking to fill a position as a Research assistant (f/m/d) (salary group 13 TV-L, with 75% of the weekly working time) starting at the next possible date and limited until 30 April 2026 (§2 WissZeitVG).
At the University of Bremen, the German Institute for Interdisciplinary Social Policy Research (DIFIS) at SOCIUM - Research Center on Inequality and Social Policy is seeking to fill a position as a
Research assistant (f/m/d)
(salary group 13 TV-L, with 75% of the weekly working time)
starting at the next possible date and limited until 30 April 2026 (§2 WissZeitVG)
The German Institute for Interdisciplinary Social Policy Research (DIFIS), funded by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, was founded in May 2021 as a joint scientific institution of the universities of Duisburg-Essen and Bremen. The mission of the DIFIS is to address current challenges in society and to develop future-oriented solutions through research, networking, transfer and policy advice in the field of social policy.
The research assistant will conduct research on questions of socio-ecological transformation at the interface of social and climate policy. The focus is on the possibilities of social policy to promote environmental and climate policy objectives or to absorb social burdens caused by climate policy. The research assistant will also work in the area of knowledge transfer and will further develop research on socio-ecological transformation in close collaboration with practitioners at regional level. This includes coordinating the Bremen Social-Ecological Transformation Workshop Initiative with the Chamber of Employees (Arbeitnehmekammer), supporting the "Parliamentary Evening”, and supporting the internationalization of social policy research in the field of eco-social policy in collaboration with the DIFIS Research Field 1 "Social Policy and Ecological Sustainability".
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for further qualification within the framework of the employment.
- A varied, multifaceted area of responsibility and an interesting job with great creative potential, in which you will get to know the diverse topics and developments in social policy research
- Participation in training courses, international conferences, and meetings
- Flexible working hours within a flexitime framework
- Collaboration and academic exchange with national and international experts in social policy research
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a collaborative project
- Participation in the university's sports program
- Family friendliness through care for your children and advice on your care responsibilities
- Job ticket
- Very good Master's degree, or completed PhD, in political science, sociology, economics or other social sciences or law, in a topic area of eco-social policy.
- Knowledge of the organisation of research or knowledge transfer processes
- Experience in writing German-language texts in the field of social science, transfer/policy advice, science communication
- Excellent knowledge of German (CEF C2)
- Very good written and spoken English (CEF B2)
- High level of commitment and initiative, ability to work in a team, careful and reliable working style
Also desirable are:
- Experience in working in interdisciplinary research teams
- Experience in larger research cooperation, transfer or policy advice
- Good knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative social research methods
- Publications in the field of social policy research, especially at the interface of social policy and socio-ecological transformation.
Please direct any questions to the project manager: Prof. Dr. Frank Nullmeier; Executive Director of the German Institute for Interdisciplinary Social Policy Research; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Bremen is a family-friendly, diverse and international university. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
The University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of women in the academic field and therefore expressly encourages women to apply.
Persons with severe disability who have essentially equal professional and personal aptitude will be given priority.
Please send applications with the usual documents, an outline of your personal research interests within the framework of the DIFIS and at least one scientific text written by yourself by 07.02.2024, quoting the reference number A102-24, to
University of Bremen
Prof. Dr. Frank Nullmeier / DIFIS
P.O. Box 33 04 40
or as a PDF file by unencrypted electronic mail to:
Please only send us copies of your application documents (no folders) as we cannot return them. They will be destroyed after the selection procedure has been completed.
Any costs for the application process cannot be reimbursed.