Issue 2, 2020 is out now. Subscribe to our eTOC-Alert which is published four times a year and gives information about titles, authors and abstracts.
Qualitative Methods and Microsociology
The field of activity "Qualitative Methods and Microsociology" is concerned with the interrelations between networks, the life course and social inequality. We are especially interested in how the capacity of relationships and networks changes after certain status passages. Are specific situations particularly risky? Who is particularly well or badly integrated? We are interested in the causes and effects of social inequality with respect to both life courses and networks. How do interaction and practice on the micro-level contribute to producing and reproducing social inequality?
The following research topics are currently being investigated:
- Social relationships, networks and social capital across the life course
- Institutional framing and individual handling of transitions in the life course
- Practices of activating social capital
- Class- and milieu-specific network strategies
- Theories and methods of network research, mixed methods
- Doing inequality